Higher education means greater opportunity-the knowledge and skills you gain through education, as well as career and technical training, can be used for the rest of your life. Although finding ways to pay for college can be a daunting task, my office is here to help.
California students and families can virtually attend Cash for College workshops for help completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (CADAA) and Chafee Grant for Foster Youth applications. Completing the FAFSA allows qualified students to be considered for the greatest amount of financial aid from federal, state, and college sources - and it is free to fill out.
March 2, is the priority financial aid filing deadline for most colleges and universities and the absolute deadline for submission of your Cal Grant application. To learn about your options, and how you can apply, I invite you and your family to attend one of our upcoming Cash for College workshops in partnership with the Offices of Senator Richard Roth, Assemblymember Jose Medina, and the Alvord, Jurupa, and Riverside Unified School Districts.
- Wednesday, February 3, 2021- 5:00pm-6:30pm
- Thursday, February 4, 2021 - 5:00pm-6:30pm (Spanish)
The California Student Aid Commission is hosting a series of statewide Cash for College webinars to provide information to help California students and families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the CA Dream Act Application, and are open to all students and families applying for financial aid.
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 - 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Thursday, January 21, 2021 - 5:30pm - 8:00pm (English/Spanish)
- Saturday, January 30, 2021 - 10:00am-12:30pm
- Thursday, February 11, 2021 - 5:30pm-8:00pm
- Monday, February 22, 2021 - 5:30pm-8:00pm (English/Spanish)
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 5:30pm-8:00pm